Friday, November 10, 2017

Lacey Noel Day 100 of 100 Days of Makeup - Princess Leia - "Take Your Broken Heart and Make Art"

DAY 100 OF MY#100DAYSOFMAKEUPCHALLENGE. I'm going to end this entire series with how it began. I have been in a constant battle with my depression and my anxiety for the past few years. There was a time where I had dreams, and ambitions, though as I got older, and had went through difficult times in my life, I began to feel that person wither away. In the mirror, once there was this young, hopeful woman who had things going for her. The next thing I knew, I was staring back at someone I didn't know anymore. I had let myself go so badly. It wasn't that I was lazy, or was too busy to take care of myself, I just simply didn't care anymore. I didn't care about my work or anything, because I felt like there was no place for me in this world. No place other than rotting alive on the couch, letting everything I once was so passionate about go. Just waste my life away, existing and nothing more. When Carrie Fisher passed, there was this quote from her I kept seeing. "Take your broken heart, and make it art." Ive sewn my broken heart back together, made made art with it. This whole project is built upon fighting against what is tearing me apart on the inside. My mental illness had taken my art away, and these 100 days was my way of becoming myself again, becoming an artist again. I have put my blood, sweat, tears, heart and soul into this project. If you ever feel like you've got nothing going for you, and that there's no use in trying, this whole project is proof that you can. I can't thank you all enough for your love, kindness and support throughout these past 100 Days. It's been quite a journey. Although this series has come to an end, I'm proud to say that I've regained hopes and dreams, and my artistry. I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring. (Note: this look was inspired by the beautiful work of @raquelitagm)
Follow me on instagram HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment