Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Comedy Camp

AHH! I THOUGHT I HAD POSTED THIS EARLIER!!

LAAAST SATURDAY....

Was a very good day, except for that awful feeling in my gut. I don't know what's up with me, but I guess I just had that feeling automatically? I'm not sure. I wasn't really nervous. Although, like I said in the other post, I don't feel nervous mentally, anymore. I just feel it physically...

I'll look that up later, how to get rid of bad gut feelings, but let's get back to the story!

Jamie Masada, the owner of the Laugh Factory, walked by and noticed that I had very little food on my plate during lunch and he said that I could get more. But when I get stressed, in any way, I tend to have a hard time eating. I explained that to him and he didn't understand how I could be nervous and I didn't either! :) He said he would try to get me on stage as soon as possible.

When my name was called, I got up there very, very quickly so that I wouldn't have time to think about it. I went through the two jokes I already had memorized and then I began the new one. This is what I was scared about: forgetting what to say. I had written the joke the night before, very last minute (due to a busy week), and I was tired from rehearsing it so late that night.

Well, thank GOD I remembered it. And I did it better than all the times I rehearsed it! I got even better reviews this week... Speaking of, for the fourth week, we had three guest comedians this time: Tony Rock, Moranzio Vanze and Alex Scott from last week!

After the their comments, I thanked Mr. Masada for the program I was participating in. I am truly grateful for being in that camp. So grateful...

Before I joined, I was so scared and had very low self esteem. Back when I was only in elementary school, the "popular" girls would make me sing and dance so they could throw things at me and insult me. My self esteem and confidence got so bad that I couldn't even audition for the school Christmas show without my throat locking up to the point where I couldn't even speak with tears streaming down my cheeks. And that memory of them stuck with me up until my freshman year of high school!

Now, I feel so much better. I can proudly throw away all those bad things that those girls said to me back then. I've learned so much with being on stage only four times and I will forever treasure those lessons because they have changed my life.

When I thanked him, up there, I almost cried. This program means so much to me and I cannot thank him enough.

Wish me luck next week! Or... Tomorrow! I am feeling more excited about this than scared. ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment