Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Hobbit Premiere! (Meeting Ed Sheeran, Orlando Bloom, Stephen Fry, Benedict Cumberbatch, Amanda Abbington & Martin Freeman!)


The Hobbit Premiere, December 2nd, 2013



On Monday, I went to Hollywood Boulevard to attend the other fans waiting at the Hobbit premiere! Since I am a huge, huge fan of Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch, I brought my drawings of them in hopes of them getting signed. 

Now, if you follow me, you might know that I have been trying really hard to get these drawings signed! To try to get Martin's drawing signed, I went to The World's End premiere, but little did I know that he was still in England filming the third season of BBC's Sherlock. (But I did get to meet Simon Pegg and Nick Frost!) With Benedict, I went to the August: Osage County premiere with his drawing, but he wasn't there. The next day or so, we went to the BAFTA-LA awards (although there wasn't a fan section) but again, I didn't have any luck. (At that one, though, I got to meet Alex Kingston and Karen Gillan from Doctor Who!)


So, when I saw that there would be The Hobbit premiering in town, I wrote down the date and crossed my fingers. Hopefully this would work this time!

So with my drawings, I waited and waited for it to start. I was excited, nervous, happy, and very emotional. When you're waiting for the celebrities to come out, especially when you're trying to meet some of your favorite ones, it feels very similar to waiting for someone at the airport and meeting them for the first time. When you're waiting, you keep looking around, very cautiously, to see if they're there, and you get scared that you missed something. And then there's that feeling in your gut. You're excited, yet at the same time, you're nervous. You worked very hard on getting your work signed, and you hope that the person that you want to meet is nice, or even there! 

While I was waiting, I actually got on the Hobbit Twitter and Instagram!

After a while, people started to walk down the 'black carpet' and I spotted Ed Sheeran! I called out to him, and asked him for a photo, and he was real nice. :)

A few minutes later, I looked up, and AHHH... *angels sing* Orlando Bloom was RIGHT in front of me!! I asked him for a photo, and he was really nice (and really beautiful) too!

Then I got to meet Stephen Fry, and even had a small conversation with him! "So you have a drawing of Benedict, and not of me.", he joked. He was so nice and when I kept telling him that it was an honor to meet him and that he was amazing, he said that I was amazing too! *so happy*

And then... *drum-roll* I saw Benedict Cumberbatch walking down, and I started shaking. I called out his name and held out the drawing to him and when he saw it, his eyebrows raised and he said,"Oh wow! Is this your work?" and feeling rather proud of myself then, I said 'Yes!' and gave him my Sharpie. He wrote "Thank U!" and asked me for my name and even how to spell it! He took his time with me, he really seemed to like my drawing, and that just makes me SO SO SO HAPPY and proud of my work. Actually, after my hard work of trying to meet him, I didn't think I was going to meet him that night, BUT I DID!










And then I saw Martin Freeman walk down with Amanda Abbington and I took out my drawing of him. When he saw it, his whole face lit up and he said "Oh, WOW! You did this? You did this?! This is so marvelous, thank you!". He had this really bright, warm smile on his face, and he signed my drawing. "Wow! Martin Freeman xx", he wrote. 



His partner, Amanda Abbington was SO NICE and sweet! She kept telling me that I was 'gorgeous' and I told her the same! We took a photo together and then that was pretty much the end of the premiere. :) I'm so excited to see her in Sherlock season 3!

After the premiere ended, I found out that there were some other people who had gotten photos of me and Benedict and Martin! The whole night was just so amazing, and I still can't believe what happened. I met some really amazing people. I'm a big fan of Martin and Benedict's work, and I cannot explain how great it feels to have them sign and comment on my drawings. And also, I was totally fangirling the rest of the night! A few of my dreams came true, and I am so grateful and thankful for that. I will forever remember this night and treasure these moments forever...

CHECK OUT MY VIDEO ON THIS ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AS WELL!


1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous and so happy for you!

    These people are amazing.
    Also congrats on your art being featured on Hobbit instagram

    ReplyDelete