Saturday, January 12, 2013

Young & Inferior


Recently, someone had done a painting that looked so similar to me. Very excited and flattered, I asked him if it was. All I got was a sarcastic remark and I was left standing up for myself against these two adult women whom were defending for him. I wouldn't have had a problem if someone had said calmly that it wasn't inspired by me, but it was a coincidence that it looked like me, but nothing like that happened. Instead, I was discouraged by these two adult women rather rudely. After some time, I thought that all the drama was finally over until another adult woman just had to jump in and accuse me of bullying the artist as well as insult my mother on parenting. (By the way, this woman doesn't even have kids.)

http://instagr.am/p/TKbiD8roUJ/

I was so upset, I was shaking. I was sick to my stomach. Just because I asked a simple question, I get bullied for standing up for myself. One of these women is a photographer, the other is makeup artist and the last runs her own website/business and here I am, just a sixteen year old girl. I feel like that's all I am. I don't have a job or a career. I don't have money. I don't have many friends besides my mom. I'm only a sixteen year old girl and I feel like I don't have a voice. I feel so inferior to these women... One of the women kept messaging my mother saying that I'm going down such a negative path and that this behavior will hurt my future career and just all these insulting things... I don't understand why she can't talk to me. It's like she has to "tell on me" to my mom, but she has been sticking up for me the whole time so she knows all about this. I hate that the woman did that because my mother doesn't need anymore stress and this is my problem. I'm the one who was put down because of a simple question. I guess I'm "too young" to talk problems out. I would have been happy to just to talk things through, to try to work things out, but with the woman going on and on, insulting both me and my mother in the process, it seemed like there would be no end.

I think that the whole scene is over, now. But yet it still bothers me. I am disgusted by the fact that the artist let the problem get to the point where I was in tears, having to block people from multiple social networking sources. I was so horrified by this experience. I haven't gone through bullying like this since elementary/middle school! If I were him, the artist, I personally would have told the girl that it was inspired by her even if it wasn't, because it would be hard for me to break someone's hopes. I don't like hurting people.

I feel like because I am so young, that I am apparently easier to attack because I am virtually nothing. Nothing but some kid. Apparently, it's "wrong" to stick up for myself, but I will continue doing so no matter what because I have respect for myself and I strongly believe in where I stand. And if you don't stand up for yourself, who will?

These women used to be friends of my mother and I, but from this incident, I have learned that people aren't always as sweet as they pretend to be. It's very sad, but so true. And you have to be careful who you trust because of that. If you are ever bullied, please do not be afraid to stand up for yourself. A voice is very important even if it's not heard, if it's not heard, it will always matter. But it's so important because it means that you are being true to yourself and you're not letting anyone walk all over you.

From this whole crazy everything, I have learned valuable lessons and I have grown stronger. From everything that happens in my life, no matter how great or horrible, I accept it all an experience to learn from. Actually, I'm now more inspired to grow up to be the better person. And also, I've been motivated to focus more on my artwork and my other hobbies. Because of my feeling inferior, I am now working harder to surpass that awful feeling.

Maybe you'll learn something from my experience. I hope that you will never have to go through with something like getting bullied, but it does happen. It happens so much and there's nothing you can do about it, but being truthful to yourself and holding on. It will all get better eventually. :)


“Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that.”

-- Walt Disney

12 comments:

  1. Hey hun it's Smexcksy from Instagram, I am 20 and just seeing how strong you are about this incident Just proves that you can stand up to anything especially with "adult" females, I've been bullied throughout elementary and middle school as well and of course at the time it feels like it'll never end but seeing how gorgeous you are and the fact that you are continuing to achieve your goals is honorable. It's awesome that you posted this because there are many ppl who don't have the voice to stand up for themselves but with just this blog, I think it definitely influences others and helps them go about standing up for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just shows how immature ppl really are, what makes me feel amaZing about myself is that after all the hell I've been through growing up, being a model and performer just shows that there are so many ppl our there that appreciate us and the ones who put us down eventually regret it cause they wish they were in our place. Even though it seems that the clock is ticking slowly, it'll go by quickly and one day you and I and everyone who strives to make it big, will get there(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacey,
    I stumbled onto your mom's work by a mutual friend here on the East Coast, and stumbled onto you from her Facebook page. Though we've never met and I don't know much about you, I can honestly say that you are in a better place than many "adults". Age is just a number and does not mean that because you are young that you are "not there" or "inferior" or "do not matter". Continue to stand up for yourself regardless of the circumstances; sure, some things you encounter are going to hurt but don't ever back down. You are already more of an adult than the women/people who would downgrade you and I believe you will continue to be the better person as you "grow-up". You have my respect and support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacey, I've been a huge fan of you & your Mother's work for sometime. The two of you are also a big inspiration to me. (The hardships your Mother has had as a young Mother, are not unlike my own) She has done a wonderful job raising you to become a strong minded young woman. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thіs іs mу first time paу a quick
    visit at herе аnd i am truly pleassant tο reaԁ everthing
    at sіngle plасe.
    Also visit my web-site : http://www.prweb.com/releases/silkn/sensepilreview/prweb10193901.htm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ӏ will гight away seize your rss feed as І can not to
    find уour еmail subscrіption link or е-newѕletter seгvіcе.
    Dο you've any? Kindly permit me recognise so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

    Also visit my site; V2 Cigs Review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Αttractivе ѕectіon of content. I јuѕt stumblеd upοn уouг websitе and in aсcеsѕion сapital
    to assert that I gеt actually enjоyed account yοur blog
    poѕts. Any wаy I ωill be subscribing tο your augment anԁ
    even Ι achievement уοu access conѕistently fast.


    Here is my weblog ... grazitumano.lt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Нuггаh, that's what I was exploring for, what a stuff! present here at this webpage, thanks admin of this web page.

    My web blog :: http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/V2-Cigs-Review-Authentic-Smoking-Experience-or-4075176.php

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heуa! I just wаnted to ask if you ever
    have any trοuble with hackeгs?

    My last blog (ωorԁpreѕs) was hаcked and I endеd up losіng several weеkѕ of hard work
    due tο no back up. Do you haνe any methοds tо protect аgaіnst hacκers?



    Also vіsit my blog; www.luiscarro.es

    ReplyDelete
  10. You аctually make іt seem so easy along with your pгesentation but I
    find this topic to be actually somеthіng that
    I believe I'd by no means understand. It seems too complex and extremely extensive for me. I am taking a look forward in your next put up, I'll attеmpt to get the hаng of it!


    Feel freе to surf to my homepage; http://www.sfgate.com/business/prweb/article/V2-Cigs-Review-Authentic-Smoking-Experience-or-4075176.php

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I'm happy that you shаred
    this helpful information with us. Рlease
    keeр us up to date like thіs. Тhank
    you for shaгing.

    Visit my homepаge ... http://www.prweb.Com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Іf yοu ωаnt tо get much fгom
    thіѕ pοst then you havе tо apρlу thеsе mеthoԁs to yоur ωon blog.


    My websіtе; www.freewindows.dk

    ReplyDelete